About Territory Palliative Care
Territory Palliative Care (TPC) provides clinical palliative care in the NT.
TPC has two branches – Top End, based in Darwin and Central, based in Alice Springs. Both consist of multidisciplinary teams who provide specialist palliative care to Territorians with life-limiting illness.
Top End: Darwin region, Katherine region, Nhulunbuy, East Arnhem, Daly River region and coastal communities in the Top End.
Central Australia: Alice Springs region, Tennant Creek and Barkley region.
The goal of Territory Palliative Care is to provide high quality palliative care throughout the Territory, which is responsive to cultural and spiritual needs of clients.
Palliative Care objectives:
- Affirms life and regards dying as a normal process
- Neither hastens nor postpones death
- Provides relief from pain and other distressing symptoms
- Interrelates the psychological, emotional and spiritual aspects of patient care
- Offers a support system to help patients live as actively as possible until death
- Offers a support system to help the family cope during the patient’s illness and in bereavement.
FIND SERVICES IN NT
Search the National Palliative Care Service Directory to find specialist care providers near you.
For more information, visit https://palliativecare.org.au/directory-of-services