Niki T34 Procedure Steps
Please follow the instructions below when using the NIKI T34 syringe driver for fixed 24 hour infusions.
The following instructions are relevant where the NIKI T34 has been pre-programmed to a fixed duration of 24 hours and has the Program Lock function on.
- Load syringe with prescribed medication for 24 hour infusion and label syringe with appropriate label
- Press and fold on/of key until START UP screen appears
- Wait until pre-loading has finished – actuator moves to same position as last syringe set up and stops moving
- If the actuator is not in the correct position for the new syringe, use the ◄◄ or ►► key to move the actuator to the required position
- Lift the barrel arm clamp and load syringe. To position correctly, seat the collar and plunger first then lower the barrel clamp over the syringe. If syringe is loaded correctly all the sensors stop flashing and the syringe graphic will become solid.
- Press YES to confirm syringe size and brand. Use ▲ ▼ key to scroll to correct brand and size if incorrect
- If the syringe driver was stopped and turned off before the last program finished the Resume prompt screen will be shown. Press NO to continue for new infusion.
Always check data on summary screen matches prescription before pressing YES key to confirm infusion.
- Press YES start infusion
- LOCK key pad by holding INFO key until a bar moving left to right appears on screen. Hold key until bar moves completely across screen and a beep is heard. To UNLOCK, repeat above procedure. The bar will move right to left.
For priming a new line (new program)
When using a new subcutaneous line or starting a new medication dose, use the following instructions:
Follow above steps 1 to 6 then:
- BEFORE Starting Infusion
- Press << FF button once.
- Check patient is NOT connected
- Press YES to confirm you want to prime (purge)
- Watching fluid in the line hold down << FF button until prime completed.
- Maximum prime is 2.0ml (Note: line can only be primed once in an infusion cycle)
- Press YES to confirm resume program
- Press YES to start infusion
- Lock key pad by holding INFO key until a bar moving left to right appears on screen. Hold key until bar moves completely across screen and a beep is heard. To UNLOCK, repeat above procedure. The bar will move right to left
- When medication order changes, the whole syringe and needle giving set and labels must be changed.
FIND SERVICES IN NT
Search the National Palliative Care Service Directory to find specialist care providers near you.
For more information, visit https://palliativecare.org.au/directory-of-services